A year in review: What we achieved in 2015
Last year we aimed to reach 300 kids in 9 schools, and thanks to the support of our partners, we did it! In 2015, we delivered over 600 life-skills sessions, at 10 schools, and so much more..
- We strengthened the organisation's infrastructure now called The CoolPlay Trust (previously Vuka Trust).
- We partnered with TAG Rugby to manage operations and administration and appointed 2 Zone Coordinators for our expansion into Southern Cape and Kraaifontein/Kuilsriver.
- We expanded our programme to include netball with up to 50 girls participating.
- We ran a pilot to assess learners’ social and emotional behaviours and competences at the beginning and end of the year using a methodology developed by the Devereax Institute (DESSA).
- We extended our programme to primary schools in Masiphumulele and Khayelitsha.
- We successfully launched this website!
With your help, in 2016 it is our goal to work with over 750 kids in 30 schools. For this, we will train 15 new CoolPlay coaches, reaching both primary and secondary learners, and expand our netball program.
If you would like to support CoolPlay or have any questions please contact Johan here.